Day Trip to Sarmizegetusa and Denus from Cluj
Duration: Up to 9 hours
- Explore some of Romania's most enigmatic monuments.
- Pay a visit to Sarmizegetusa, one of the most advanced cities in history.
- See Densus, one of the country's oldest churches.
This trip will allow you to see some of Romania's most fascinating and mysterious monuments. On a full-day journey with transportation from Cluj, travel back over two thousand years in time to learn about the Dacians' ancient civilisation.
Explore the sophisticated defense system built around Sarmizegetusa's capital city by entering the main gate. Follow the old paved road to the fortification's heart, where you'll find the well-preserved ruins of a solar calendar, religious temples, and other administrative and private structures. You'll climb back to your car and drive to your next destination after leaving the Sacred Mountain.
In the afternoon, visit Densus, which is adjacent to ancient Dacian and Roman villages, to see the country's oldest and strangest churches. Learn why the church's construction materials come from ancient pagan temples, and view ancient Roman (marble/stone) gods standing alongside Christian symbols and murals.
On your way back to Cluj, you'll enjoy the beauty as you pass through Sebes and Alba Iulia.
- Transportation by air-conditioned car from/to Cluj
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Food and beverages
- Tips (optional)
Meet your guide at the agreed-upon location. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
What to Remember
- Tour is available for a minimum of 2 guests.
- This tour includes pick-up in front of your hotel or accommodation in Cluj.
- You will be asked to confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking.
Daily at 9.00am
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.