Private Day Trip to Dracula’s Castle
Duration: Up to 12 hours
- Take an advantage of your ticket that includes everything!
- Enjoy this trip either on your own or even with your family, everyone will love it!
- Don't worry about your transportation as we provide everything.
- Learn from a guide who will not only guide but also inspire you with love of art history.
You leave Bucharest and travel to Sinaia via the picturesque Prahova Valley. Visit the Peles Castle, the former vacation palace of the Romanian Royal Family and iconic of Romanian Royalty, upon arrival in Sinaia, known as the "Pearl of the Carpathians" due to the beauty of its natural environment and the refinement of its architecture.
Leaving the castle, proceed to the 300-year-old Sinaia Monastery, the city's historic heart and a priceless Romanian art landmark.
Drive on to Bran to see the famous medieval castle erected as a stronghold for the residents of Brasov to defend the city – "Dracula's Castle." During his excursions into Transylvania, Prince Vlad utilized the Castle as his general headquarters. It has been a fascinating medieval art museum for many years. Bran Castle, positioned high atop a 200-foot-high rock and surrounded by an aura of mystery and folklore, owes its popularity to its majestic towers and turrets as well as the narrative generated around Bram Stoker's Dracula. The fortress was first attested in an act issued by Louis I of Hungary on November 19, 1377, giving the saxons of Kronstadt (Brasov) the privilege to build the Citadel on the site of a Teutonic Knights stronghold dating from 1212. Despite the fact that Stoker never visited Transylvania, he used research and his vivid imagination to construct Count Dracula's dark and terrifying haunts, leading to persistent legends that it was once the home of Vlad Tepes, ruler of Walachia. While the connection to Dracula is tenuous at best, the castle continues to maintain a tremendous draw for all Dracula lovers. After the tour, spend some time in the souvenir market at your leisure.
You will arrive in Brasov after a short journey. Brasov is one of Romania's most visited cities, surrounded by the peaks of the Southern Carpathian Mountains and brimming with Gothic, baroque, and Renaissance architecture, as well as a plethora of historical sites. Brasov, one of the seven walled citadels founded by the Teutonic Knights in 1211 on an ancient Dacian site and populated by the Saxons, emits a particular medieval air and has been utilized as a backdrop in several modern period films. We are surrounded by vampire legends and medieval tales in this city. You will be taken on a walking tour of the ancient town center, which will include the Black Church, Council Square, Hircher House, and an Austro-Hungarian baroque style structure. The Black Church, the largest Gothic cathedral between Vienna and Istanbul, will be seen on the walking tour.
In the late afternoon, we will headback to Bucharest.
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Private tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance ticket
- Food and beverages
Meet your guide at the lobby of you hotel or at your private apartment.
What to Remember
- Between 1 November and 1 December every year, Peles Castle is closed for cleaning. During this period, you will be able to visit Pelisor Castle.
- Peles Castle is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays during the winter season – from Sep 15 to May 15 – and on Mondays during the summer season – from May 15 to Sep 15. During these days Sinaia Monastery and Torture Chamber from Bran will be visited instead.
Every day at 7:30am
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the journey begins.