Small Group Day Trip to Bran Castle, Peles Castle and Brasov
Duration: 12 hours
- Get away from the city's noise and traffic for a day.
- Take the advantage of roundtrip transportation included in your ticket.
- Allow the tour to come to you with flexible departure points.
- Enjoy fast access, as you will skip the line with your special ticket.
- Enjoy the personalized experience in a smaller group.
You leave Bucharest and travel to Sinaia via the picturesque Prahova Valley. Visit the Peles Castle, former summer residence of the Romanian Royal Family and emblematic of Romanian Royalty, upon arrival in Sinaia, known as the "Pearl of the Carpathians" due to the beauty of its natural setting and the elegance of its architecture.
Leaving the castle, proceed to the 300-year-old Sinaia Monastery, the historic heart of Sinaia and a valuable monument of Romanian art.
Continue on to Bran to see the famous medieval castle – "Dracula's Castle" – built as a fortress for the citizens of Brasov in order to defend the city. During his incursions in Transylvania, Prince Vlad used the Castle as his general headquarters. It has been a fascinating medieval art museum for many years. Bran Castle, perched high atop a 200-foot-high rock and surrounded by an aura of mystery and legend, owes its fame to its imposing towers and turrets as well as the myth created around Bram Stoker's Dracula. The castle was first documented in an act issued by Louis I of Hungary on November 19, 1377, giving the saxons of Kronstadt (Brasov) the privilege to build the Citadel on the site of a Teutonic Knights stronghold dating from 1212. Although Stoker never visited Transylvania, the Irish author relied on research and his vivid imagination to create Count Dracula's dark and intimidating haunts, giving rise to persistent myths that it was once the home of Vlad Tepes, ruler of Walachia. While the castle's connection to Dracula is shaky at best, it remains a strong draw for fans of the Count.
After a short drive, you will arrive in Brasov. Brasov is one of Romania's most visited cities, surrounded by the peaks of the Southern Carpathian Mountains and brimming with Gothic, baroque, and Renaissance architecture, as well as a wealth of historical attractions. Brasov, founded in 1211 by the Teutonic Knights, exudes a distinct medieval ambiance and has served as a backdrop in a number of recent period films. We are surrounded in this city by vampire legends and medieval tales. A walking tour of the old town center will take you past the Black Church, the Council Square, the Hircher House, and the Austro-Hungarian baroque style building. The Black Church, the largest Gothic cathedral between Vienna and Istanbul, will be visited during the walking tour.
- Guided walking tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Private tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Entrance fees for Peles Castle and Bran Castle ( approx. 17.5E/person)
Meet your guide at the lobby of you hotel or at your private apartment.
What to Remember
- Between 1 November and 1 December every year, Peles Castle is closed for cleaning. During this period, you will be able to visit Pelisor Castle.
- Peles Castle is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays during the winter season – from Sep 15 to May 15 – and on Mondays during the summer season – from May 15 to Sep 15. During these days Sinaia Monastery and Torture Chamber from Bran will be visited instead.
Every day at 7:30am
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.