Daily Avila and Segovia Full-Day Tour from Madrid
Language: English, Spanish
Duration: up to 9 hours
- Take a full-day excursion from Madrid.
- Discover the rich history of two of the most famous cities surrounding the Spanish capital.
- For a day, get away from the city's noise and traffic.
This full-day tour departing from Madrid will take you to two of the most well-known cities in the area: Avila and Segovia, both of which have a long and illustrious history. Starting at 9.00 a.m., you'll journey with a professional tour guide through the streets of the two cities, appreciating the architecture of old churches, palaces, and convents, as well as an ancient Roman aqueduct. You can choose from three different lunch options and add them to your charge if you want.
Your tour will begin in Avila, a city that is home to Spain's most ancient and complete fortified complex (XI century). Its 2500m wall and 90 fortified towers encircle the ancient city, which has a considerable number of Romanesque-style churches, Gothic palaces, and a fortified cathedral from the 12th century. The Teresa de Jess Convent and Museum, the Cathedral (from the outside), the Plaza Mayor, and the Basilica of San Vicente will all be visited.
At the end of the excursion, you'll go to Segovia, which is known for its 16-kilometer-long Roman aqueduct. This city, which once housed some of Castile's rulers, now has one of Spain's most important medieval groups of buildings. The Cathedral of Segovia is known as "the Lady of the Cathedrals" for its elegance, while the Alcázar is the country's most impressive castle. The Aqueduct, Cathedral, and Alcázar will all be visible.
When purchasing your ticket, you can select from the following lunch options.
Lunch options include:
GASTRONOMIC LUNCH: White beans from La Granja + roasted suckling pig + ponche cake with ice cream + red wine, mineral water, and coffee
The estimated arrival time in Madrid is 6 p.m. (depending on traffic conditions).
- Air-conditioned bus
- Bilingual official guide (English and Spanish)
- Entrance to the Avila Walls (except on Mondays from November to March 2019)
- Entrance to the Convent of Santa Teresa
- Entrance to the Cathedral of Segovia
- Entrance to the Alcázar of Segovia
- Lunch, beverages or other services not specified
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- Children (6-15 years)
- Senior (65+ years)
- For infants (0-5 years) this tour is free (meals and consumption not included)
- Calle de San Nicolás, 15, 28013 Madrid, Spain
- Julia Travel office at Calle San Nicolás, 15, next to Plaza de Ramales.
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
- Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
- Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.