Daily Toledo Full-Day Tour from Madrid
Language: English, Spanish
Duration:up to 8 hours
Toledo, 70 kilometers from Madrid, is a lovely city museum that has been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is one of Europe's oldest towns, with buildings from practically every period of history and tremendous artistic splendor (Arabian, Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance, and Baroque style). Toledo is known as the 'City of the Three Cultures,' since it was formerly home to Christians, Muslims, and Jews. It was also the home of the famous painter El Greco in the sixteenth century. This is a full-day tour that will take you to the city's most important landmarks and teach you about all of Toledo's unique elements with the help of your experienced tour guide.
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Toledo's city museum.
- Explore the incredible building that combines styles from different eras.
- The Monastery of San Juan de Los Reyes and the Church of St. Tomé are both worth seeing.
- Admire Toledo's Gothic Cathedral and Santa Maria la Blanca Synagogue.
The places from the outside view of the cathedral are; Church of St. Tomé with El Entierro del Conde de Orgaz, an El Greco masterpiece; the Synagogue of Sta. Maria la Blanca; Victorio Macho Museum; Monastery of San Juan de Los Reyes; the famous technique of damascene (precious metal incrustation in steel) and breathtaking sightseeing of Toledo
It also offers a tour of the cathedral from the inside. Its architecture depicts all stages of the Spanish Gothic style, and the interior houses a great collection of artworks (stained glasses, choir, main chapel, altarpieces, El Greco paintings). The tour continues with a visit to the Cristo de La Luz Mosque.
If you want to include the option, lunch will be served at about 1.00 p.m. with a delicious tapas menu. Those who did not add the option to their reservations will have an hour and a half for lunch.
Meet your guide again after that for a guided tour of the old mosque "Cristo de la Luz." At the conclusion of the tour, we will board the bus for a brief panoramic tour of Toledo. The bus will make a stop at the "Mirador del Valle" viewpoint to allow you to take the best panoramic views of Toledo.
- Air-conditioned coach
- Multilingual official guide (EN/ES)
- Entrance to Church of St. Tomé
- Entrance to Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca
- Entrance to Monastery of San Juan de Los Reyes
- Entrance to Cathedral of Toledo
- Entrance to Mosque of El Cristo de la Luz
- Tapas lunch (if option selected)
- Lunch, drinks, or other services not specified above
- Because you will be walking a lot in Toledo, it is recommended that you wear comfortable shoes.
- Children under the age of six are admitted for free. Lunch and refreshments are not included.
- Please note that photography is not permitted within the Church of St. Tomé.
- If you select the option without lunch, you will have 1 hour and 15 minutes for lunch.
- Children: (6-15 years): reduced
- Senior (66+ years): reduced
- Infant (0-5 years): free (meals and consumptions not included)
- Calle San Nicolás, 15, 28013 Madrid, Spain
- Julia Travel office at San Nicolás street N.15 (corner with Plaza de Ramales).
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
- Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
- Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.