Para, Colakreek, Butterfly Garden Plus More Full-Day Guided Tour
Language: English, Dutch
Duration: 8 hours
- Meet the local wood carvers and potters and learn about their wares.
- Relax in the cool, distinct water of Cola Creek.
- At the Neotropical Butterfly Park, you can witness the transformation of a cocoon into a butterfly.
All in eight hours, you'll learn, be surrounded by nature, meet the locals, and have the opportunity to purchase handmade goods—plus lunch! With a local informative guide, you'll visit the district of Para, pass through some Maroon villages, walk through the Neotropical Butterfly Park in Lelydorp, and more.
You'll learn about the picturesque district of Para, located south of Paramaribo, after an early pickup. As you travel through, keep an eye out for its savannah, forest, creeks, and rivers. Drive through some Maroon villages and learn about their inhabitants and mysterious past. During the colonial gold rush, take a look at the railway line that ran between Paramaribo and Brownsweg. Feel the magic of the Neotropical Butterfly Park in Lelydorp by walking through and admiring the natural process of cocoon to butterfly transformation.
Then, make a pit stop to purchase stunning carved objects made by the Maroons from tree trunks. Following that, you'll visit Colakreek, a popular recreational destination among the locals. Jumping in its cool and refreshing water naturally colored by its falling leaves will show you how it got its name. Relax by indulging in the included lunch, which is served here. To round out the day, on our way back to Paramaribo, we'll stop at Meursweg Pottery, where you'll be able to see the process of making pottery by foot.
- Guided tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
-Alcoholic drinks (can be purchased on site)
- Additional food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
Please choose one of the following meeting points: - Courtyard by Marriott Paramaribo, Anton Drachtenweg 50-54 at 8:00am - Torarica Resort, Mr. L.J. Rietbergplein 1 at 8.15 am - Purity Tours & Services, Heerenstraat 15 at 8.30 am - Joah Inn Appartementen, Keizerstraat 91 at 8.45 am
What to Remember
-Please note there is a choice of pickups from 4 locations, which are:
Courtyard by Marriott Paramaribo, Anton Drachtenweg 50-54 at 8:00am
Torarica Resort, Mr. L.J. Rietbergplein 1 at 8.15 am
Purity Tours & Services, Heerenstraat 15 at 8.30 am
Joah Inn Appartementen, Keizerstraat 91 at 8.45 am
- At checkout, please write your choice of pick up from the 4 locations above so the local operator is aware.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes, sunglasses, hat or cap for the sun, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, a poncho or have an umbrella in case of rain and take your camera.
- As there is a swimming opportunity, remember to take swimwear, towel, an extra set of clean clothes, and sandals.
- The minimum number of adults that can be booked is 2 and a maximum of 15.
- This activity is available in English and Dutch.
- As there is an option to purchase local items you may want to take local SRD currency.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 70% refund if you cancel up to 21 days before the experience begins. If you cancel up to 14 days before, you can still receive a 50% refund. If you cancel up to 5 days before, you can still receive a 25% refund. If you cancel up to 24 hours before, you can still receive a 10% refund.