Paramaribo Half-Day Walking City Tour
Language: English, Dutch
Duration: 5 hours
- Walk through the capital of Suriname's most important historical sites and soak in the vibrant atmosphere.
- Discover Suriname's communities through the guide's intriguing stories.
- Learn about the architectural style that has resulted in a large portion of Paramaribo being listed on the UNESCO World Heritage list.
- There is evidence of Paramaribo's multicultural society everywhere, including Keizerstraat.
- At the Central Market, you can experience a sensory overload of Surinamese cuisine, fruit, vegetables, herbs, and other goods.
Don't miss out on getting to know Paramaribo's downtown with five hours of exploration. With a knowledgeable local guide, discover what makes this city unique by visiting its top (and hidden) attractions such as Basilica Minor, the Presidential Palace, Central Market, Keizerstraat, Fort Zeelandia, and others.
Because Paramaribo is best explored on foot, you'll walk through its white-shaded streets with cloud-piercing roof-tops with your guide. The wooden Basilica Minor and Presidential Palace will transport you to its colonial past, where you will learn about their unique history and symmetrical building style. Then, at the Central Market, smell, touch, and taste the fascinating fruit, vegetables, herbs, and other goods.
Do you want to try some Surinamese cuisine? You won't be disappointed because these are also on display to delight your senses, and your guide is on hand to tell you all about them. Following that, a stroll down Keizerstraat reveals the Mosque and the Synagogue, which coexist peacefully, demonstrating Suriname's multicultural society. To round out the experience, learn how Fort Zeelandia is a historical event hub and other stories about the sites you visit.
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Tips (optional)
- Roundtrip transportation
Heeren Straat 15, Paramaribo, Suriname
Please meet at the office of Purity Tours & Services.
What to Remember
-Please make sure you are at the meeting point 30 minutes prior to the starting time.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, sunglasses, and a hat or cap for the sun.
- Please remember to take your camera.
- The minimum number of adults that can be booked is 2 and a maximum of 15.
- This activity is available in English and Dutch.
- Please note this activity is unsuitable for anyone with walking difficulties or wheelchair users.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 70% refund if you cancel up to 21 days before the experience begins. If you cancel up to 14 days before, you can still receive a 50% refund. If you cancel up to 5 days before, you can still receive a 25% refund. If you cancel up to 24 hours before, you can still receive a 10% refund.