Peperpot Full-Day Bicycle Tour with Lunch
Language: English, Dutch
Duration: 8 hours
- Take a walk through the nature park while listening to birds sing.
- Take in the scenery while cycling through the neighborhood.
- Admire the local birds, and see if you can spot wild squirrel monkeys, capuchin monkeys, and sapakaras (giant lizards).
- Travel to Meerzorg on a wooden tent boat.
- Admire the orchids blending with the coffee and cacao trees while learning about the Peperpot plantation's history.
Do you want to be immersed in nature while also exercising your body and expanding your knowledge? If so, this eight-hour guided boat, walking, and cycling tour to Peperpot is for you!
Beginning with being picked up and making your way to meet your bike for the day, hear the guide's knowledge. Listen to the fascinating facts about the former coffee and cacao plantation on the other side of the Suriname river, near Paramaribo. You'll be surprised to learn that it isn't a pepper plantation, as you might expect!
Cycle from the bike rental shop to Plattebrug, where you will board a wooden tent boat to Meerzorg. You'll bike from Meerzorg to Peperpot via the Oost-West verbinding. Learn about the factory complex's two plantation homes, coffee shed, and coffee and cacao factory. Witness the coffee and cacao trees that have been reclaimed by bromeliads, orchids, and climbing plants and animals. Spot the local birds, but if you're lucky, you might also see squirrel monkeys, capuchin monkeys, and sapakaras (giant lizards) on one of the plantation's paths. See locals selling various types of Surinamese fruits and vegetables, as well as indulge in lunch to round out your experience.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Bike tour
-Alcoholic drinks (can be purchased on site)
- Additional food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
Please choose one of the following meeting points: - Purity Tours & Services, Heerenstraat 15 at 08.00am - Joah Inn Apartments, Keizerstraat 91 at 08.15am - Torarica Resort, Mr. L.J. Rietbergplein 1 at 08.30am - Courtyard by Marriott Paramaribo, Anton Drachtenweg 50-54 at 08.45am
What to Remember
-Please note there is a choice of pickups from 4 locations, which are:
Purity Tours & Services, Heerenstraat 15 at 08.00am
Joah Inn Apartments, Keizerstraat 91 at 08.15am
Torarica Resort, Mr. L.J. Rietbergplein 1 at 08.30am
Courtyard by Marriott Paramaribo, Anton Drachtenweg 50-54 at 08.45am
- At checkout, please write your choice of pick up from the 4 locations above so the local operator is aware.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable sturdy shoes, long-sleeved shirt, long pants, sunglasses, hat or cap for the sun, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, a poncho or have an umbrella if rains and take your camera.
- The minimum number of adults that can be booked is 2 and a maximum of 15.
- This activity is available in English and Dutch.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 70% refund if you cancel up to 21 days before the experience begins. If you cancel up to 14 days before, you can still receive a 50% refund. If you cancel up to 5 days before, you can still receive a 25% refund. If you cancel up to 24 hours before, you can still receive a 10% refund.