Saramacca and Coronie Seven Hour Tour plus Lunch
Language: English, Dutch
Duration: 7 hours
- Pay a visit to the Hindu temple of Weg Naar Zee and the Coronie Mangrove Center.
- See a close-up demonstration of how to make "warme vis."
- Investigate the area known as the Coconut district.
- Meet the local producers and find out about their wares.
Join us on this tour from Paramaribo to the west of Suriname, where we will visit the districts of Saramacca and Coronie. The day will include a visit to the Hindu temple of Weg Naar Zee, exhibits displaying Suriname's multicultural history in Groningen, a close-up demonstration of the "warme vis" in Boskamp, and other activities with a local guide.
Your first stop will be at Weg Naar Zee, where you will experience the peaceful atmosphere of the Hindu temple. Hear how it serves as a pilgrimage site and the significance of the crematorium. Then, on your way to Saramacca, you'll pass locals who make a living from cattle breeding as well as rice and vegetable cultivation. In Groningen, the capital of Saramacca, you'll visit the smallest square with the most monuments and see exhibits depicting Suriname's multicultural history.
As you depart, you'll notice that Saramacca ends on the western side at the Coppename river, and you'll be able to admire the natural landscape as you cross over. Continue to Boskamp for a close-up demonstration of the "warme vis" preserved smoking method for a long-lasting fish dish. To round out the day, you'll visit Coronie, also known as the Coconut District, and learn more about Suriname's mangrove forests at the mangrove center.
- Guided tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
-Alcoholic drinks (can be purchased on site)
- Additional food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
Please choose one of the following meeting points: - Courtyard by Marriott Paramaribo, Anton Drachtenweg 50-54 at 8:15am - Torarica Resort, Mr. L.J. Rietbergplein 1 at 8.35am - Purity Tours & Services, Heerenstraat 15 at 8.45am - Joah Inn Appartementen, Keizerstraat 91 at 8.50am
What to Remember
-Please note there is a choice of pickups from 4 locations, which are:
Courtyard by Marriott Paramaribo, Anton Drachtenweg 50-54 at 8:15am
Torarica Resort, Mr. L.J. Rietbergplein 1 at 8.35 am
Purity Tours & Services, Heerenstraat 15 at 8.45 am
Joah Inn Appartementen, Keizerstraat 91 at 8.50 am
- At checkout, please write your choice of pick up from the 4 locations above so the local operator is aware.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes, sunglasses, hat or cap for the sun, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, a poncho or have an umbrella in case of rain and take your camera.
- The minimum number of adults that can be booked is 2 and a maximum of 15.
- This activity is available in English and Dutch.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 70% refund if you cancel up to 21 days before the experience begins. If you cancel up to 14 days before, you can still receive a 50% refund. If you cancel up to 5 days before, you can still receive a 25% refund. If you cancel up to 24 hours before, you can still receive a 10% refund.