Daily Bus Trip from Geneva to Chamonix cable car and mountain train
Duration: 8 hours 30 minutes
- Take a wonderful day excursion from Geneva.
- Discover Chamonix, a well-known French ski resort.
- Take the cable car up to the Aiguille du Midi, which is located directly in front of Mont Blanc.
- Take a mountain train journey to the glacier 'La Mer de Glace.'
In one day, combine three distinct experiences: Visit charming Chamonix at the foot of spectacular Mont Blanc, ride the Aiguille du Midi cable car to the peak, and take a scenic mountain train journey to "La mer de Glace," France's largest glacier.
The bus journey begins in the morning in Geneva. Enjoy a scenic 90-minute trip and experience one of the world's most famous mountain communities when you arrive. In Chamonix, everywhere you look up, you'll see Mont Blanc, Europe's roof at 4.810m (15.781 feet). Take a stroll around the picturesque streets of the city that hosted the first Winter Olympics in 1924 and has since become a center for alpinism, freeride skiing, ice climbing, and ultra-trail running.
Take the cable car to the top of the Aiguille du Midi, the peak that stands directly in front of Mont-Blanc. At 3.842 meters above sea level, you may expect amazing views of the French, Swiss, and Italian Alps, as well as the sensation of touching the sky.
In the afternoon, take a train trip into the mountains to witness France's biggest glacier, also known as 'La Mer de Glace,' or the Ice Sea. A panoramic patio offers a spectacular view of the glacier.
- Bus roundtrip
- Map of Chamonix
- Self-guided tour in Chamonix
- Cable car ticket to Aiguille du Midi
- Mountain train ticket to the Glacier Mer de Glace
- Important information: You must bring a current valid passport, as you will cross the Franco-Swiss border. Visa whenever applicable
- Please note that a copy of your passport (or Visa whenever applicable) is not accepted
- The bus driver speaks English
- It is not allowed to take a child under 3 years old in the cable car
- It can happen that the cable car or mountain train may not work due to weather or technical issues
- Geneva bus station, Place Dorcière 5, 1201 Geneva, Switzerland
- Meet your bus at the bus station in Geneva. The bus has the name of the tour and the driver wears a Keytours jacket to be recognized.
- Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
- Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the experience begins.