Daily Rhine Falls Half-Day Tour From Zurich
Language: English, Spanish
Duration: up to 3 hours 45 minutes
- Drive across beautiful countryside.
- Discover the magnificent medieval Castle Laufen.
- From the panoramic lift, take in the breathtaking views.
- From the viewing platform just over Europe's largest waterfalls, take enjoy a breathtaking vista.
This magical morning excursion takes you on a picturesque journey through Northern Switzerland, where you'll see the magnificent Rhine Falls. From the panoramic paths and observation platforms, you can see the historic Castle Laufen, which is situated right above the falls, and experience the roar and vibration of Europe's largest waterfalls.
Relax and unwind on a comfy coachas your bilingual guide tells you about Switzerland's fascinating history and culture. To get to the magnificent medieval Castle Laufen, drive through lovely countryside with gently undulating vineyards and attractive rural communities.
Spend about an hour relaxing at the majestic Rhine Falls, one of Switzerland's most popular sights. From the panoramic lift, take in breathtaking views of Europe's largest waterfalls, including how an average of 700,000 liters of water per second cascade across a 150-meter width into the basin below. A short walk up the Belvedere panorama route leads to a viewing platform just above the falls, where you can feel the thundering waves' spindrift. Take beautiful photos of the cascade, the bubbly waters of the lower basin, and the natural beauty of the region. Learn more about the rich history of this unique location by visiting the Historama inside the patriarchal castle.
The scenic town of Schaffhausen, with its well-known Munot Fortress from the 16th century, is passed by on the way back. The path then continues through Germany for a little while.
- Live guide in English and Spanish
- Transportation in a comfortable coach
- Admission to Laufen Castle at Rhine Falls
- Personal expenses
- The way back goes via Germany. Passport is mandatory
- You're recommended to bring a pair of solid shoes
- Limmatstrasse 4, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
- The official departure place is the Sihlquai Coach Terminal on Limmatstrasse 5. The meeting point is a white ticket office with "Best of Switzerland Tours" or "Tickets here" signs.
- Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
- Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the experience begins.