Barbara Falls Winter Waterfall Fun
Duration: Up to 3 hours
- Visit the most photogenic waterfall in Chugach State Park.
- Learn about Alaska's boreal ecosystems from knowledgeable naturalists.
- Take in some of the nicest winter views.
Admire the grandeur of Barbara Falls while it is encased in ice!
Follow the South Fork Eagle River, stopping to admire the ice-dam structures formed by the chilly, fast-moving water. You'll arrive at the base of the magnificent 60-foot waterfall minutes later, surrounded by glistening icicles, amazing ice bridges, and flowing water frozen in time.
Then take a short nature walk to learn about the beautiful vegetation that can be found in these boreal forests. Discover towering trees like white spruces, paper birches, and aspens, as well as fauna including moose, snowshoe hare, rats, and birds.
- Tour guide
- Transportation from and to the meeting point
555 W 5thAve, Anchorage AK 99501, USA
At the Egan Center.
What to Remember
- The minimum age to take part in this activity is 6.
- This experience isn't recommended for those with cardiac or respiratory issues. It may be difficult for those with joint issues.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.