Big Island of Hawaii Sightseeing Day Tour from Kona
Duration: Up to 11 hours
- Take in the breathtaking views of Kealakekua Bay while sipping a wonderful Kona coffee.
- Take a stroll along one of the island's best black sand beaches.
- Take in the stark lava flows and Hawaiian dry vegetation from your tour vehicle.
- Visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, the state's crown gem.
Join us for a sightseeing tour of the Big Island of Hawaii's intriguing and diverse scenery.
Travel south into Kona coffee region to Bay View Estate, a 24-acre coffee farm hidden on the slopes of the Mauna Loa Volcano that has been producing the greatest Kona coffee since 1984. Learn about the coffee-making process and see coffee growing on the trees. At a beautiful viewpoint with breathtaking views of Kealakekua Bay and Captain Cook's memorial, you'll sample 100% Kona Coffee.
Then we'll travel to the districts of South Kona and Ka'u. Through the panoramic windows of your tour vehicle, marvel at breathtaking views that alternate between stark lava flows and Hawaiian dry vegetation. You'll make a pit stop at Punalu'u Black Sand Beach, one of the island's best black sand beaches. Look for honu as you walk around the beach (green Hawaiian sea turtles). Next, visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, the state's crown gem. Admire the burning and boiling Kilauea Caldera from the Kilauea Visitor's Center, Kilauea Iki Crater Overlook, and Steaming Bluffs. Then there's Big Island Candies, a high-end candy manufacturer that's been around since 1977. Peer into the factory through the windows or explore the beautiful jewel-box souvenirs.
Moving on, you'll pass through Hilo, where you'll drive along the ancient beachfront before arriving at the breathtaking Rainbow Falls. The Valley of Kings, also known as Waipio Valley, is a location of impossibly sheer cliffs formed by falling waterfalls that cascade over a thousand feet to the valley floor below. Taro growers still live in Waipio Valley, as they have for a thousand years. From the vantage point of the overlook, you can see the wild horses that graze the valley. Your tour concludes with a delectable picnic lunch prepared in the style of a deli.
- Picnic style lunch
- Entrance fees
- Guided tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Pickup schedule will depend on the location of your accommodation in Kona. The local tour operator will contact you prior to the tour to arrange your pickup time. Please indicate your pickup location and phone number at checkout.
What to Remember
- Pickups start around 8 am. Your exact pickup time will depend on the location of your accommodation in Kona, the local tour operator will contact you prior to the tour to arrange your pickup time.
- Please indicate your pickup location and phone number at checkout.
- You can choose between a shared tour or a private tour (from 1 to 10 people) according to your preferences.
- People of all ages can participate in this tour.
- This tour is not fully wheelchair accessible. Participants have to do a few stairs to get in and out of the vehicle on their own. But it's possible to store a wheelchair in the back of the van if needed.
- Please wear closed-toed shoes and bring a light jacket. Some sights are weather dependent.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.