Ancient Ruins and Diamondback Gulch Combo Tour
Duration: Up to 4 hours
- Descend steeply into Diamondback Gulch, a long-forgotten ravine.
- Visit the Honanki Heritage Site, which features Sinagua cliff houses.
- View pictographs and petroglyphs that date back centuries.
- Get a chance to observe an active archeological dig site.
The Ancient Ruins and Diamondback Gulch combo trip combines an exhilarating 4x4 excursion with a look back at the Sinagua people's time in this area.
In Sedona, your guide will meet you at the Pink® Jeep® Tour Plaza. Then you'll board an open-air Jeep Wrangler that's been custom-built for you. When you arrive at the Ancient Ruins site, remember to wear comfortable shoes for the 40-minute trek to the Honanki Heritage site. Your tour will begin with a drive by some of Sedona's most famous red-rock formations. Head down the secluded Greasy Spoon route once you've arrived in the Coconino National Forest. This part of an old wagon route connecting Sedona and Prescott dates from before Arizona became a state.
Continue on to Sidewinder Trail to witness how the rocky terrain gives way to Diamondback Gulch, a deep valley that cuts through the landscape. Following that, you'll visit Ancient Ruin, where you'll learn about the Sinagua people. From 600 AD until the 1400s, you may see basic ruins of where they lived and worked. Visit the Honanki Heritage site, a 700-year-old cliff residence where the Sinagua lived. Learn about their farming and hunting practices, as well as their trading system with other tribes and how they disappeared in the early 1400s. You'll return to Sedona through the forest at the end of the excursion.
- Guided tour
- Tips (optional)
- Children (ages 2-12)
204 N State Rte 89A, Sedona, AZ 86336, USA
Check-in is 30 minutes prior to your tour departure time.
What to Remember
- The booking minimum is two adult passengers.
- This tour is not recommended for those with mobility issues or who are pregnant.
- Children must be at least 2 years old and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Arizona law requires car seats for children up to 5 years and under 40 pounds. Car seats are provided.
- Tours operate rain or shine. In the event of severe weather, Pink® Adventure Tours reserves the right to alter, modify, or cancel any tour due to unsafe conditions.
- Any tour canceled by Pink® Adventure Tourswill receive a 100% refund.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the experience begins.