Garden District and Lafayette Cemetery Walking Tour
Duration: Up to 2 hours
- Explore the beautiful Garden District and learn about its history.
- Discover enticing and fascinating historical facts about the region.
- Take a look around this area to discover how history, architecture, and tropical plant life all come together beautifully.
With experienced and entertaining guides, tour one of the world's most spectacular residential areas, the Garden District. On this fascinating Garden District tour, where the streets are open-air museums, marvel at the architectural magnificence of the live oak-tree-lined "American" section of town and analyze the antebellum era "Creole vs. American" fight. Witness how architectural styles such as Greek Revival, Italianate, Gothic, Georgian, Swiss Chalet, Queen Anne, and others represent history and culture.
The St. Charles Avenue Streetcar, Archie, Peyton, and Eli Manning's homes, Anne Rice, Trent Reznor, Archie, Nicolas Cage, and John Goodman's homes, the cornstalk fence, Jefferson Davis' death site, the filming location for Brad Pitt's "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," the Buckner Mansion, also known as "Miss Robichaux's Academy for Exceptional Young Ladies" from American Horror Story, and more are among the highlights.
Explore the above-ground tombs of Lafayette Cemetery #1, which include film locations from "Interview with the Vampire," "Double Jeopardy," and "Deja Vu," as well as the Jefferson Fire Company No. 22 society tomb, which is located across from the fictitious Mayfair family tomb featured in Anne Rice's "The Witching Hour."
History, architectural style, personal experiences, and tropical plant life are all highlighted on the Garden District and Lafayette Cemetery tour.
- Guided Tour
- Food and beverages
- Tips (optional)
- Active Military (With valid ID)
- Student 16+ (With valid ID)
- Children (ages 6-12)
- Infant (0-5): Free
New Orleans, USA
Please meet inside the Garden District Book Shop on P 2727 Prytania Street in The Rink at the corner of Washington and Prytania.
What to Remember
- Please wear weather-appropriate comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Depending on weather circumstances please bring sunscreen, water, a hat, and an umbrella.
- Don't forget your camera!
- The City of New Orleans has temporarily closed Lafayette Cemetery for repairs but we still do the cemetery tour from the gates.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.