Monterey and Carmel-by-the-Sea Guided Tour
Duration: 11 hours
- Take in the breathtaking Pacific Coast views.
- Have fun exploring the wonderful city of Monterey.
- Pay a visit to the charming town of Carmel-by-the-Sea.
Follow the magnificent Pacific Coast Highway all the way to Monterey and then on to Carmel-by-the-Sea on this tour.
After being picked up from your San Francisco hotel, you'll travel along the scenic Pacific Ocean shoreline of California State Route 1 to Monterey. Take a picture with the Pacific Ocean in the background!
As you go to Monterey, you'll notice that it's a diverse and enjoyable combination of wildlife, breathtaking coastline scenery, and significant history. Explore Cannery Row, Old Fisherman's Wharf, and more in the footsteps of John Steinbeck, author of The Grapes of Wrath.
Keep an eye out for sea otters frolicking in the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary's waters. Hundreds of species of marine mammals, birds, and fish call this underwater park home, which runs hundreds of miles along the coast from San Francisco to Cambria.
You'll have two hours of free time in Monterey to explore. You can go to the world-famous Monterey Bay Aquarium (not included) or take a walk to Lovers' Point, browse the various boutiques that line historic Cannery Row, or have a bite to eat at Old Fisherman's Wharf.
On the 17-Mile Drive, you'll be treated to even more splendor once you're back in your tour car. Between stunning multi-million dollar residences, spectacular shoreline, and the Pebble Beach golf course, this scenic route weaves its way through the Del Monte Forest. Take a picture of the tough Lone Cypress Tree.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in San Francisco
- Fully guided San Francisco sightseeing tour with tour guide (English)
- Monterey Aquarium tickets (to be pre-purchased)
Please select your pick up location or make sure to contact the local tour provider at least 48 hours in advance to schedule your pick up from downtown San Francisco (contact details can be found after booking).
What to Remember
- This tour offers pick-up from most downtown San Francisco hotels and in this area which you can choose during checkout. You can also choose to confirm a different pick up address where you will have to make sure to contact the local tour provider at least 48 hours in advance to schedule your pick up (contact details can be found after booking).
- You will spend 2 hours in Monterey, giving you ample time to visit the aquarium (not included). Tickets are not available for purchase at the venue and so you must pre-purchase for a timed entrance (cost approximately $50).
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 72 hours before the experience begins.