New Orleans Food History Tour
Duration: Up to 3 hours
- Try a Louisiana Po' boy or a bite of authentic Creole brisket, among other dishes. Learn about New Orleans' culinary history, family dynasties, and inspirations.
- Visit six distinct locales, including hot sauce bars and gourmet candy shops.
This New Orleans food history tour is ideal for self-proclaimed foodies who are also interested in history and culture. This three-hour walking tour takes you to six different locales and introduces you to delectable Creole cuisine such as gumbo, brisket, beignets, and pralines. Other regional favorites include Italian-inspired muffulettas and the traditional Louisiana Po' boy.
You'll not only get to sample the various cuisines and flavors that characterize the city's gastronomic heritage, but you'll also learn about their history and, if you're lucky, have the opportunity to speak with the chefs about their culinary influences.A fully-stocked bar will be available at a number of the tour's six stops, in case you'd prefer an adult beverage to go with your Po' boy!
- Stops at six different venues
- Ten dishes/samples (also water at most places)
- Local guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
310 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70130
What to Remember
-Tours run rain or shine, and are conducted at a leisurely pace.
- This tour offers a set menu, which does not include gluten-free, pork-free or vegetarian options. Guests are asked to notify tour provider of any food allergies during check-out.
Everyday from 1.00pm until 4.00pm
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.