Private Walking Tour of Historic Georgetown
Duration: Up to 4 hours
- Learn about a slew of notable names and faces who used to live in the area.
- Seethe pre-Revolutionary structures and architecture from the 1800s.
- Gain knowledge about the neighborhood's thriving African American community following the Civil War.
- Visit the pub booth where JFK proposed to Jacqueline Bouvier as a young man.
Take a delightful and fascinating private tour of ancient Georgetown, where you can drink up the ambiance while strolling through lush squares and looking down alleyways and side streets to discover some of the city's lesser-known beauties. On your Historic Georgetown tour, you'll see John F. and Jackie Kennedy, the famed scientist Alexander Graham Bell, Hollywood actress Elizabeth Taylor, and chef Julia Childs, to mention a few famous names and personalities that have lived in the area.
You'll be awestruck by the stunning pre-Revolutionary structures, as well as the National Park Service-preserved architecture from after 1800.
As you cruise the cobblestone sidewalks and canals, learn about the neighborhood's post-Civil War flourishing African American community, its early 20th century downturn, and its ascent to the it-place of DC, and stop into one of the locally-owned cafes for a bite-on-the-go (not included in pricing).
- Private tour with a local guide
- Time for photo stops
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
Children (ages 0-17)
Washington D.C., USA
Please meet your guide next to the sculpture at Francis Scott Key Memorial.
What to Remember
- Please bring comfortable walking shoes and any medication you may require during the tour.
- Please bring plenty of water.
- Please bring suncream and a hat in the event of sunny weather.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 2 days before the experience begins.