San Antonio Missions UNESCO World Heritage Site Tour
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
- Take a guided tour of the San Antonio Missions.
- Discover San Antonio's history and architecture as influenced by Spanish influences.
- Hear accounts of the Battle of the Alamo.
Discover the beauty and history of San Antonio's beginnings. Visit the Spanish influences along the river San Antonio de Padua is called after. This half-day sightseeing tour takes you to Mission Concepción, Mission San José, Mission San Juan Capistrano, and Mission San Francisco de la Espada. Visit Mission San Jose and the San Antonio Missions National Historical Park Visitor Center to learn about mission life.
Along the new Mission Reach Hike and Bike Trail, you can see birds and wildlife. Enjoy the silhouettes of mission buildings with Spanish and Moorish influences against the backdrop of the South Texas sky. The Rose Window, also known as La Ventana de Rosa, is one of the greatest specimens of baroque architecture in North America. Relax by watching the award-winning film Gente de Razon, which depicts how San Antonians created and lived in the missions.
Visit the historic irrigation system, complete with a dam and aqueduct, which is still operational today. Before returning to the hotel, listen to fascinating sounds and narratives as you learn about the Battle of the Alamo at Mission San Antonio de Valero.
- Hotel pick up and drop off at downtown area hotels
- Includes round trip transportation
- Guided tour
- Subject expert guide
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities for the tour guide and/or driver (optional)
300 Alamo Plaza, San Antonio, TX 78205, USA
You will be picked up at your downtown San Antonio hotel. You must confirm your pick up location at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour.
What to Remember
- Adaptive Driving Alliance vehicles are not available at all times. If a guest is wheelchair bound, the tour guide might be able to accommodate with advance notice. There is space for a foldable wheelchair on board each vehicle.
- Service animals are allowed onboard the vehicle. Guests are advised to confirm with each stop on the tour if they are allowed on their site as it might vary.
- You will need to coordinate your pickup with the tour operator after purchase (details will be in your voucher) please contact the tour operator at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Dress comfortably and for the weather. Bring an umbrella if there is rain and hats if it will be sunny. This tour will only be cancelled due to inclement weather if there are flood warnings or hail that make driving conditions impossible.
- Children age five years old and under get free admission and do not require a ticket however please let the tour operator know in advance to coordinate enough seats in the vehicle.
- Please bring your own child car seats or booster seats, as these are not provided by the tour operator.
- The tour guide advises to eat breakfast or lunch beforehand and to bring some water.
- Tour duration may vary based on traffic, weather, day of week, length of stops at each of the missions.
- Some sites may be closed from time to time due to COVID.
- The maximum number of participants per vehicle is nine people.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.