Semi-Private Tour of the Smithsonian National Museum of American History
Duration: From 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes
- Visit the National Museum of American History to learn more about American artifacts.
- Get a sense of how Hollywood has influenced this country when you see Dorothy's famous ruby red slippers.
- Recognize the tumultuous history that has shaped the United States of America.
The narrative of a motley gang of colonists who established one of the world's most influential and powerful countries, the United States, will be told during this guided museum tour. At the National Museum of American History, you'll be able to examine American artifacts while learning all the important facts from a qualified guide. The Smithsonian National Museum of American History depicts the United States' rise through a diverse collection of artifacts, including the original banner that inspired the country's national anthem. While gazing at George Washington's sword, learn about the country's first president. When you see Dorothy's famous ruby red slippers, you can also learn about how Hollywood has influenced this country. Have a discussion on the tumultuous history of segregation at the Greensboro lunch counter, and the crucial role that the first ladies' clothes played. This trip will help you understand the tumultuous history of the United States of America.
- Semi-private guided tour
- Expert guide
- Entrance fees
- Tips (optional)
- Food and drink
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Youth (ages 10-17)
- Children (ages 0-9)
1300 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20560, USA
Please meet at the entrance by the fountain in front of Constitution Ave.
What to Remember
- Semi-private tours have 8 guests per guide for a more intimate and personalized experience.
- Semi-private tour has a minimum requirement of 2 participants to run (an alternative date or full refund will be oﬀered if the minimum is not met).
- No large bags or suitcases are allowed.
- Moderate amount of walking is involved. A semi-private tour is not available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Occasional closures occur without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, guests will be provided with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1 hour from the tour starting time. In these cases, there will be no refunds or discounts.
- At checkout, please provide full names, mobile phone number and email you can be reached at during your trip.
- Cancellation policy: Guests can cancel up to 72 hours before the tour’s start time for a full refund. Otherwise, guests can reschedule for a fee, depending on the tour and the availability.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 72 hours before the experience begins.