Texas Hill Country and LBJ Ranch Sightseeing Tour from Austin
Duration: 8 hours
- Travel across the Texas Hill Country on picturesque backroads while learning about Texas cowboys and South Texas' legendary cattle drives.
- Visit the Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park's LBJ Ranch.
- Lunch in an actual beer garden in Fredericksburg, or visit Luckenbach, a little hamlet nearby, to experience the charm and music.
Get your tickets for a sightseeing trip of the Texas Hill Country that departs from Austin right now. Learn about the Texas cowboys and the epic cattle drives of South Texas as you travel the picturesque backroads of the Texas Hill Country. Discover how the 1840s and 1850s German migration shaped the development of this lovely neighborhood.
Visit the Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park's LBJ Ranch, where the late President Johnson was born, raised, and laid to rest. On your way to Fredericksburg, pass through lavender fields and peach, pecan, and olive orchards. The Nimitz Museum and the National Museum of the Pacific War are both located in this historic and scenic German town. You can shop and have lunch in a real German beer garden, attend a wine tasting, or browse for western art, antiques, and Texas-European fusion furniture if you want. This part of the tour in Fredericksburg is completely flexible, so do whatever you like.
Luckenbach, Texas, a small hamlet near Fredericksburg famed for its German-Texan heritage, offers magic and music. You'll return to Austin through a gorgeous route via the Texas Hill Country, Highway 290, and I-35.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off at downtown-area hotels
- Admission to the LBJ Ranch at the Lyndon B. Johnson National Historical Park
- Round trip transportation
- Guided tour
- Subject expert guide
- Gratuities for the tour guide and / or driver (optional)
- Optional wine tasting fees
- Optional admission to the Nimitz Museum and the National Museum of the Pacific War (WWII Veterans: free; Adults: $ 14; Seniors 65: $ 12; Military with ID (active or retired): $ 10; children 6 years old and students w / ID: $ 7; Children 5 and under: free)
You will be picked up at your downtown Austin hotel. You must confirm your pick up location at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour.
What to Remember
- You will need to coordinate your pickup with the tour operator after purchase (details will be in your voucher)
- There is a minimum number of four participants required for this tour to run; tour is subject to cancellation if required number is not met.
- Children age five years old and under get free admission and do not require a ticket however please let the tour operator know in advance to coordinate enough seats in the vehicle.
- Please bring your own child car seats or booster seats, as these are not provided by the tour operator.
- Service animals are allowed onboard the vehicle. Guests are advised to confirm with each stop on the tour if they are allowed on their site as it might vary.
- Adaptive Driving Alliance vehicles are not available at all times. If a guest is wheelchair bound, the tour guide might be able to accommodate with advance notice. There is space for a foldable wheelchair on board each vehicle.
- Dress comfortably and for the weather. Bring an umbrella if there is rain and hats if it will be sunny. This tour will only be canceled due to inclement weather if there are flood warnings or hail that make driving conditions impossible.
- Please eat breakfast beforehand, you will have time for lunch on your own in Fredericksburg and you are welcome to bring some snacks on the bus.
- Please bring some water.
- Tour duration may vary based on traffic, weather, day of week, length of stops at LBJ National Park Visitor Center in Johnson City and / or LBJ Ranch Tour.
- Some sites may be closed from time to time due to COVID19.
- Until further notice, guided tours of the interior of the "Texas Whitehouse" are canceled by the National Park. Service due to needed repairs. However, guests can still explore the LBJ Ranch grounds, view exhibition pieces and artifacts in the JetStar Hangar, watch an award-winning 14-minute film, and get a picture with LBJ's infamous JetStar aka "Air Force One-Half".
- The maximum number of participants per vehicle is nine people.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.