Twilight Hiking Tour of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
Duration: From 11 hours to 12 hours
- See must-see sights in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park; - Learn about one of the world's most intriguing sites.
- Look for lava tubes, steam vents, and craters, among other volcanic phenomena.
- Enjoy the red glow of Pele's eruption deep within Halemaumau Crater as it illuminates the night sky after dark.
Travel through Hawaii Island's many ecosystems and climate zones before witnessing the phenomenon that allows it all to happen – an erupting volcano!
This in-depth tour takes you off the main route to locations that most visitors are unaware of, including a private lava tube. Stay after dark to watch the night sky lit up by Kilauea's latest eruption. While the lava itself is not visible from the designated viewing areas in the park, its bright orange glow lights up the crater and sky after dark, and the situation is subject to change at any time. A lava lake has formed and is currently contained to an inaccessible lake deep at the bottom of Halemaumau Crater.
Through rainforests, lava flows, and cinder fields, go along Chain of Craters Road to the ocean. Your licensed park guide will tell you about the geology, natural history, and cultural history of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, which is one of the most intriguing sites on the planet for inhabitants, scientists, and visitors alike.
- Transportation from multiple meeting points
- Deli style lunch and warm dinner with snacks and beverages
- National Park entrance fees
- Private cave access fees
- Gear provided: Walking sticks, flashlights, daypacks, raingear, bug repellant, and sunscreen
- Hotel pick-up service
This tour offers pick up from the following meeting points. Directly contact the local tour operator to confirm the nearest meeting point. You will find their contact in the voucher after booking. - Hawaii Forest & Trail Kona HQ - 73-5593 Olowalu Street #A, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740 (for anyone staying in the Kona area) - Subway Keaau parking lot (on east side of island, for any Hilo based guests) - Four Seasons Hualalai - Queen's MarketPlace (for Waikoloa resort area for Waikoloa Marriott, Hilton Waikoloa, Kingsland, and nearby condos) - Shops at Mauna Lani (for Mauna Lani and Fairmont Orchid resorts and nearby condos)
What to Remember
- Tour time is approximately 12 hours round trip, from Kona, 11 hours from Waikoloa, 7 to 8 hours from Hilo.
- The minimum child age required is 8. Children under the age of 8 will not be allowed to participate.
- Comfortable walking shoes (ie closed-toe shoes) and reusable water bottles are required. Long pants, a light jacket, or sweatshirt are recommended.
- You should be able to hike on uneven or rocky terrain. You may encounter cool, wet, or muddy conditions.
- You'll stop a couple of times throughout the adventure for short hikes of up to 3 miles. Hikes will be determined based on the group's interests and ability levels.
Please check the calendar for updated availabilities and start times.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.