San Antonio: The Grand Historic City Afternoon Tour
Duration: 4 hours
- Learn about San Antonio's history and culture, as well as the city's beautiful architecture.
- Visit Mission Concepcion, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Book your tickets now for a half-day afternoon sightseeing trip of the Museum Reach and Mission Reach, which is the ideal way to learn about San Antonio's 300-year history and culture. Your adventure begins in downtown San Antonio as you go to the Museum Reach, where you'll view the San Antonio River locks, the Pearl Brewery Redevelopment, the Witte Museum, and why not stop at the Japanese Tea Garden with its tea house, koi ponds, and stone archways.
The next stop on the tour will be the Mission Reach, where you will have time to see the original frescos at Mission Concepcion, the nation's oldest unrestored stone church, and the King William District, which is located in Southtown, San Antonio's largest and most artistic neighborhood.
Before the tour ends at the Alamo or your preferred Downtown Hotel, learn about the history of South Texas' historic cattle drives.
The tour concludes at the Alamo or a downtown hotel of the guests' choice.
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off at select downtown area hotels
- Free access to San Antonio River locks
- Free entry into the Japanese Tea Garden
- Free entry into the UNESCO World Heritage Site - Mission Concepcion
- Round trip transportation
- Guided tour
- Subject expert guide
- Gratuities for the tour guide and / or driver (optional)
- Tips (optional)
You will be picked up at your downtown San Antonio hotel. You must confirm your pick up location at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour.
What to Remember
- The tour's duration may vary based on traffic, weather, day of week, length of stops.
- You will need to coordinate your pickup with the tour operator after purchase (details will be in your voucher).
- Children age five years old and under get free admission and do not require a ticket however please let the tour operator know in advance to coordinate enough seats in the vehicle.
- Please bring your own child car seats or booster seats, as these are not provided by the tour operator.
- Service animals are allowed onboard the vehicle. Guests are advised to confirm with each stop on the tour if they are allowed on their site as it might vary.
- Some sites may be closed from time to time due to COVID19.
- Adaptive Driving Alliance vehicles are not available at all times. If a guest is wheelchair bound, the tour guide might be able to accommodate with advance notice. There is space for a foldable wheelchair on board each vehicle.
- Dress comfortably and for the weather. Bring an umbrella if there is rain and hats if it will be sunny. This tour will only be canceled due to inclement weather if there are flood warnings or hail that make driving conditions impossible.
- The maximum number of participants per vehicle is nine people.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.