San Antonio: The Grand Historic City Full-day Tour
Duration: 8 hours
- Visit over 70 sights and points of interest in San Antonio to learn about its history and culture.
- Take in the city's stunning architecture.
- Lunch can be had in the United States' largest Mexican market.
Book your tickets for a city sightseeing trip now to receive a bird's eye perspective of old San Antonio, complete with its rich history and culture, as you visit over 70 landmarks and points of interest. As you travel down the Gray Line, get onboard and play Texas Trivia with your Gray Line Tour Guide. The Downtown Reach begins with La Villita Historic Arts Village and continues with accounts about historic sites, sounds, and events. You'll have some free time in El Mercado, a historic market area and the largest Mexican market in the United States, where you may get a bite to eat or go shopping.
Then it's on to the Museum Reach, where you'll view the San Antonio River locks, the Pearl Brewery Redevelopment, the Witte Museum, and why not stop at the Japanese Tea Garden with its tea house, koi ponds, and stone archways.
Finally, you'll visit the Mission Reach, including the original frescos at Mission Concepcion, the country's oldest unrestored stone church, the King William District, and the Blue Star Arts Complex, a mixed-use development featuring a museum, galleries, condominiums, and restaurants. The tour concludes at the Alamo or your preferred Downtown Hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off at downtown-area hotels
- Round trip transportation
- Guided tour
- Subject expert guide
- Gratuities for the tour guide and / or driver (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks (can be purchased on site)
You will be picked up at your downtown San Antonio hotel. You must confirm your pick up location at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour.
What to Remember
- You will need to coordinate your pickup with the tour operator after purchase (details will be in your voucher), please do this at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Tour duration may vary based on traffic, weather, day of week, length of stops.
- Children age five years old and under get free admission and do not require a ticket however please let the tour operator know in advance to coordinate enough seats in the vehicle.
- Please bring your own child car seats or booster seats, as these are not provided by the tour operator.
- Adaptive Driving Alliance vehicles are not available at all times. If a guest is wheelchair bound, the tour guide might be able to accommodate with advance notice. There is space for a foldable wheelchair on board each vehicle.
- Service animals are allowed onboard the vehicle. Guests are advised to confirm with each stop on the tour if they are allowed on their site as it might vary.
- Dress comfortably and for the weather. Bring an umbrella if there is rain and hats if it will be sunny. This tour will only be canceled due to inclement weather if there are flood warnings or hail that make driving conditions impossible.
- The maximum number of participants per vehicle is nine people.
- Some sites may be closed from time to time due to COVID19.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.