San Antonio: The Grand Historic City Morning Tour
Duration: 4 hours
- Learn about San Antonio's history and culture, as well as the city's beautiful architecture.
- As you make your way down, play Texas Trivia with your Tour Guide.
- To make travel easier, roundtrip transportation to your accommodation is included.
- A smaller group size allows you to have a more customized experience while still being in good company.
The Grand Historic City Tour is an excellent way to learn about the history of San Antonio's Downtown Reach. Your adventure will begin in the historic Arts Village of La Villita, one of San Antonio's earliest neighborhoods. As you travel down the Gray Line, get onboard and play Texas Trivia with your Gray Line Tour Guide.
As you go through each place of attraction, you'll hear intriguing sounds and storylines, like Hemisfair Park, Sunset Station, St. Paul Square, Alamo Plaza, Paris Hatters, theater area, San Fernando Cathedral, and more. You'll have some free time in El Mercado, a historic market area and the largest Mexican market in the United States, where you may get a bite to eat or go shopping.
Before the tour ends at the Alamo, El Mercado, or a selected downtown hotel - the choice is yours - you'll get to relive President JFK's Parade Route on the day before his assassination as he drove through San Antonio, pass by the haunted Gunter Hotel, and learn about the history of bluesman Robert Johnson's rare recordings in San Antonio.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off at downtown area hotels
- Round trip transportation
- Guided tour
- Subject expert guide
- Guided tour
- Transportation in air-conditioned vehicle
- Roundtrip transportation
- Gratuities for the tour guide and / or driver (optional)
- Alcoholic drinks (can be purchased on site)
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
You will be picked up at your downtown San Antonio hotel. You must confirm your pick up location at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour.
What to Remember
- The tour's duration may vary based on traffic, weather, day of week, length of stops.
- You will need to coordinate your pickup with the tour operator after purchase (details will be in your voucher).
- Children age five years old and under get free admission and do not require a ticket however please let the tour operator know in advance to coordinate enough seats in the vehicle.
- Please bring your own child car seats or booster seats, as these are not provided by the tour operator.
- Service animals are allowed onboard the vehicle. Guests are advised to confirm with each stop on the tour if they are allowed on their site as it might vary.
- Some sites may be closed from time to time due to COVID19.
- The maximum number of participants per vehicle is nine people.
- Adaptive Driving Alliance vehicles are not available at all times. If a guest is wheelchair bound, the tour guide might be able to accommodate with advance notice. There is space for a foldable wheelchair on board each vehicle.
- Dress comfortably and for the weather. Bring an umbrella if there is rain and hats if it will be sunny. This tour will only be canceled due to inclement weather if there are flood warnings or hail that make driving conditions impossible.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.