Perito Moreno Glacier Ice Trek Full-Day Tour
Language: English, Spanish
Duration: Up to 10 hours
- Take a fascinating hike on one of Patagonia's most well-known glaciers.
- Take in the beauty of the crevasses, water holes, and little lagoons.
- Take a closer look at the ice walls.
- Consider unusual landscapes.
You'll travel from Calafate to Bajo la Sombra Port (8 kilometers from the Perito Moreno Glacier walkways), where you'll board a 20-minute boat to cross the Rich Branch of Lake Argentino. Then you'll disembark at a mountain shelter on the lake's southwest shore, where the guides will divide you into groups of 20 people to begin the hike to the glacier. The guides will give you crampons before you get on the ice. The glacier hike takes around an hour and a half to complete. There are crevasses, water holes, and little lagoons can be found. The ice barriers may be seen up close on the boat trip back to the dock.
-Transfer from the hotel to the port
- A visit to the walkways
- Transfer back to El Calafate
- Guided mini-trek across El Perito Moreno Glacier (English and Spanish)
- All necessary equipment
- Clothes or personal equipment
- Personal expenses
- National Park entrance fee
Pick-up at the hotel. Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time. Pickup time may vary between 7.30am and 8.30am approx.
What to Remember
-The excursion is only suitable for people between 10 and 65 years old. It is not allowed for pregnant women or people with risk diseases.
- Any type of sports shoes preferably cordoned off recommended. Use thick socks preferably cotton and wool. Gima, apres ski and hills boots, are not allowed in women.
- Sporty clothes with long pants recommended. Wearing a sweater, T-shirt, fleece and jacket or windbreaker/ raincoat. Sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Physical difficulty level: Moderate.
- Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located El Calafate hotels.
- It is forbidden to smoke during the whole journey, whether on the boat, in the forest, on the ice or in the shelter
- You should bring your lunch.
Daily at 8.00am
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.