Private Biblical Ephesus Day Tour from Kusadasi
Biblical Ephesus Day Tour is a private guided tour that starts from Kusadasi. It takes you around the historical and sacred sites of Ephesus. The historical, cultural, and religious features of those places will be highlighted by your professional private tour guide.
Pick up from your hotel in Kusadasi or the port around 9:00 Am and drive to House of Virgin Mary. Along the way, enjoy the scenic views of the Byzantine fortress and Temple of Artemis in Selcuk.
House of Virgin Mary is the pilgrimage site for the Catholics as it is believed to be the place where she spent her final years.
Our next visit is to Ephesus Ancient City. It still stands magnificent and glorious with its ruins of a theatre, library and gymnasium. Walk along the marble streets of Ephesus and let this take you to the golden age of the Roman Empire. Explore every part of this amazing ancient world.
Our final stop in this Biblical Ephesus Tour is at St John Basilica. These impressive ruins of the Byzantian Church mark the spot where St John the Evangelist was buried It is believed that St. John spent the last years of his life in Ephesus while writing his version of the Gospel. The Byzantine Emperor Justinian believed that a tomb dating from the 300s was John’s, so he built a great church above it in the 500s.
The Biblical Ephesus Tour ends at around 14:00 and then drop you off at your hotel or at the port.
- Explore the Greco-Roman Ephesus
- Walk in the marble streets to see Celsus Library, The Temple of Hadrianand the Great Theatre
- Visit the sacred House of Virgin Mary
- Explore St. John Basilica
- Pick up & drop off from hotel or port
- Transportation in A/C luxury vehicles
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Meal and beverage
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Do not forget to take comfortable shoes with you as it is partially a walking tour
- Take your hat and sunglasses to protect from sunlight in summer