Ephesus Day Tour from Istanbul by air
Ephesus Day Tour is one of the most popular tours in Turkey as it covers the ruins of Ancient Rome and sacred sites for Christianity and Islam.
Pick up from hotel in Istanbul at around 5:00 am and transfer to the airport for the short domestic flight to İzmir. On arrival, meet at the airport and drive to Selcuk where Ephesus Day Tour starts.
Visit Isabey Mosque, a great example of Anatolian religious architecture from the medieval period.
Then continue to Ephesus Ancient City which still stands magnificent and glorious with its ruins of a theatre, library and gymnasium. Walk along the marble streets of Ephesus and let this take you to the golden age of the Roman Empire. Explore every part of this amazing ancient world.
Enjoy lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch, move to the House of Virgin Mary, which is believed to be the place where the Virgin Mary spent her last years. It is a well-known pilgrimage site for Catholics, See the house that is used as a chapel and feel the atmosphere of this sacred place.
Lastly pay a visit to the Temple of Artemis, once one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. The remains of this great temple prove how magnificent it was during its golden age.
Transfer back to İzmir Airport for the return flight to Istanbul in the evening. On arrival, meet at the airport and drop off at the hotel in Istanbul.
- Explore the Greco-Roman Ephesus
- Walk in the marble streets to see Celsus Library and Great Theatre
- Visit the sacred House of Virgin Mary and medieval Isabey Mosque
- Round trip flight tickets İstanbul-İzmir-İstanbul
- Hotel pick up & drop off in Istanbul
- Airport transfers in İstanbul and İzmir
- Transportation in A/C vehicles
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Drinks at lunch
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Do not forget to take comfortable shoes with you as it is partially a walking tour
- Take your hat and sunglasses to protect from sunlight in summer