Pergamon and Asclepion Tour from İzmir
Pergamon and Asclepion Tour from İzmir is available every Wednesday and Sunday for regular group guided tours, and it is available every day as a private guided tour.
Pick up from hotel in İzmir at around 09:00 Am and drive to Pergamon. The tour covers the remains of this glorious ancient city.
Once we arrive in Pergamon, we visit Royal Palaces, Temple of Trajan, Sanctuary of Athena, Library of Pergamum, Theatre and The Theatre Terrace, Altar of Zeus, Heroon, Arsenal, Upper Agora, Water Supply Canals, Sanctuary of Demeter, Sanctuary of Hera and Upper Gymnasium, Gymnasium, Lower and Middle Terraces. After that, we walk through the lower city where we see the House of Consul Attalus, Lower Agora and Gate of Eumenes.
Enjoy a delicious lunch in traditional Turkish Cuisine at a local restaurant.
After lunch, we move to the Asclepion. The first Temple of Asclepius in Pergamon was built in the first half of the 4th century BC. The Asklepion was the world’s first medical center, using groundbreaking techniques in healing such as bathing, dieting, exercise and dream therapy.
Day trip to Pergamon and Asclepion ends at around 16:00 and then drive back to İzmir and drop youoff at yourhotel.
- Explore Pergamum, one of the finest archeological sites in Turkey
- Visit the monumental Altar of Zeus, Asclepion and Ancient Agora
- Enjoy a delicious Turkish lunch
- Pick up & drop off from hotel in İzmir
- Transportation in A/C vehicles
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Drinks at lunch
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Do not forget to take comfortable shoes with you as it is partially a walking tour
- Take your hat and sunglasses to protect from sunlight in summer