Troy Day Tour from Istanbul
Daily Troy Tour from Istanbul offers to explore the legendary ancient city of Troy. You will learn a lot about Trojan mythology and explore the ruins of the UNESCO World Heritage site while walking in the footsteps of Achilles, Hector, Paris, and Helen.
Pick up from the hotel at around 06:00 in Istanbul and drive to Troy. When we arrive in Eceabat, a nice town on the shores of Dardanelles Strait, enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch, take a ferry trip from Eceabat to Çanakkale and then drive to Troy. Your guide will give you information about the mythology, the history, and the discoveries of the archaeological excavations that have been made so far. The city that was made famous by Homer in his book Iliad describing the 10-year war is just one of the layered settlements. On our Troy Tour, we both visit the still impressive defensive walls of the ancient city and learn the detailed story of the Trojan War, and walk past the ruins of everyday houses dating back more than 3000 years. It is a great experience to walk the same paths as the people of the city did three millennia ago.
At the end of this historical tour to Troy, we drive to the port to take the ferry back to Eceabat. Then we drive back to Istanbul. Arrive in Istanbul late in the evening and drop off at the hotel.
If you would like to continue down to İzmir, Kusadasi, or Bodrum after the tour, please let us know.
- See the replica of the Trojan Horse
- Explore the ancient city of Troy
- Learn more about the mythology of the Trojan War
- Enjoy the scenic ferry ride on the Dardanelles Strait
- Hotel pick up & drop off in Istanbul (central hotels)
- Transportation in A/C vehicles
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- Ferry tickets
- Entrance fee
- Drinks at lunch
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Important notes
- Do not forget to take comfortable shoes with you as it is partially a walking tour
- Take your hat and sunglasses to protect yourself from sunlight in summer