Grant Park Past & Future Walking Food Tour
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Go on a walking tour with a skilled and pleasant guide.
- Sample 8 modern Southern and Southern-fusion tastes from three locally owned restaurants.
- Grab a to-go dessert at the last stop if you're too stuffed by the end of the tour.
On this delectable culinary tour through Victorian Grant Park and Oakland Cemetery, delve into Southern cuisine while learning about Atlanta's history. On this 2.5-hour small-group tour, you'll sample 8 modern Southern and Southern fusion dishes from three locally owned restaurants and food businesses, as well as a trip through Oakland Cemetery, while being entertained by your energetic guide. You'll learn about Atlanta's history, from its beginnings as a little railroad town to its current status as Georgia's capital, while eating scrumptious dishes like shrimp and grits at the city's finest seafood restaurant and southern fruit galettes from a James Beard-nominated bakery. This spectacular cuisine tour, a must for food and history lovers, will show you why Atlanta is a city based on food.
- Donation to local historic park/cemetery
- Parking in an overflow lot
- 5 USD gift card for the first restaurant to use after the tour
- Guided walking tour
- Tips (optional)
- Children (ages 3-11)
- Children (ages 0-2): free
437 Memorial Drive Southeast, Atlanta, GA, USA
Please park on the street or in the parking lot located across from 408 Woodward Dr, 2 blocks from Six Feet Under in Grant Park. Please do NOT go to the Westmidtown location of Six Feet Under.
What to Remember
- Tours operate with small groups.
- Guides will carry wipes and hand sanitizer for guests.
- All guests must wear a mask covering their nose, mouth, and chin throughout the tour.
- Social distancing is encouraged.
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own water bottle.
- Guests will be required to sign a waiver confirming that they do not have COVID symptoms.
- Tour operates rain or shine, so umbrellas are encouraged if rain is in the forecast. Rain ponchos provided.
Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability.
Please arrive 15 minutes before the start time.
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.